Braga will be keen to join Leicester City at the top of Group G of the UEFA Europa League, after a matchday 3 defeat to competitors approaching the qualifying stage.
• Leicester gets their first taste of UEFA Europa League football, their opening wraps up with a resounding 4-0-#39 at Kelechi Iheanacho' at home, with a win over Zorya Luhansk (3-0 h) and AEK Athens (2-1 a). He was hit twice before scoring more goals than Dennis Praet and James Maddison, completing the club's biggest victory in Europe.
• Leicester's maximum distance is three points above Braga's #39 and the six are better than third-placed AEK Athens'#39.
• Braga''s record in 21 matches against English opponents is now W7 D3 L11. Five of these wins came in a row in Portugal, and four came back-to-back before Manchester United's 3-1 loss in the 2012/13 UEFA Champions League group stage. Last season, in Estádio Municipal, they played 3-3 against André Horta, Paulinho and Fransérgio by Wolves on the UEFA Europa League 5th Matchday, against Paulinho and Fransérgio.
• Leicester''s only previous visit to Portugal' brought their heaviest European loss 5-0 against Porto on Matchday 6 of 2016/17 UEFA Champions League', but this is where Harvey Barnes made his club debut and has already qualified. they entered the fixture. for the knockout stage as the group winner.
• Braga''s 16th European qualifiers in the last 17 years ended with third place in the 2019/20 Portuguese Liga', where they took the UEFA Europa League group undefeated ahead of Wolves, Slovan Bratislava and Beşiktaş'. Rangers' in 32 laps (2-3 a, 0-1 h).
• The 2010/11 runners-up are competing for the sixth time in the UEFA Europa League group stage. They've made it to the knockout stage in four of their previous five campaigns and won their group three times, including the last two.
• Braga were undefeated at home and away in 13 European games (W9 D4) until they lost twice to Rangers' last spring. The hosts have defeated only one of them in their last 14 continental matches at Estádio Municipal' (W9 D3). W10 D3 L3, their home record in the UEFA Europa League group stage, is their tenth victory over AEK' 3-0 on Matchday 1.
• Leicester placed fifth in the 2019/20 Premier League, to qualify for the UEFA Europa League for the first time and participate directly in the group stage.
• This is only the club's fifth European campaign. Their most successful was in the 2016/17 season, when they made their UEFA Champions League debut as England champions, reaching the top of their group and reaching the quarter-finals – the best performance by any Englishman. The club lost to Atlético de Madrid' in the competition that season.
• Leicester''s 2-1 win over Athens' in Matchday 2' ended three consecutive European away defeats. They have won just three of their ten away fixtures in the UEFA tournament, best of all at Club Brugge' they won 3-0 in their UEFA Champions League debut four seasons ago.
Links and trivia
• Youri Tielemans's next appearance in UEFA club competition will be his 50th'. The Belgian international is the most experienced European campaigner in the Leicester squad.
• Leicester right-back Ricardo, who has suffered a knee ligament injury since March, started his career with Braga''s local rivals Vitória SC and lifted the Portuguese Cup' with the club in his first season, 2012/13 season. Final winner against Benfica side, whose consolation goal was scored by current Braga player Nicolás Gaitán in a 2-1 loss.
• Ricardo then moved to Porto, where he won the 2017/18 Liga #39 before joining Leicester. He was Braga''s teammate in Galeno, Estádio do Dragão'.
• Gaitán was an Atlético player in the 2016/17 season, but remained on the bench as an unused substitute against Leicester' in both legs of the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals.
• Leicester coach Brendan Rodgers has been successful in the previous two UEFA Europa League group campaigns, placing Liverpool in the first place in 2012/13 ahead of Anji, Young Boys and Udinese, behind Celtic' Salzburg but second above RB Leipzig' in the #39. has completed. Rosenborg at 2018 / 19' However, there are 32 draws, two with Liverpool (Zenit in 2012/13' and Beşiktaş in 2014/15') and two with Celtic/#39 (Zenit again in 2017/18' and Valencia in 2018/19'). The round ended with elimination. .
• Carlos Carvalhal returned to Braga' as head coach in August, 14 years after his first spell on the job. In between he coached ten more clubs but only had two European campaigns during this time, carrying Sporting CP (2009/10) and Beşiktaş' (2011/12) to the UEFA Europa League 16 round, both of which were eliminated by the winners. Atlético.
• Leicester, along with CSKA-Sofia (Group A), Granada and Omonoia (both E), Sivasspor (I) and Royal Antwerp (J), are one of the first players to enter the six group stages of the UEFA Europa League this season. They are the only ones to have won three of their matches.