Previous final tournaments: 8
EURO best: winners (1992)
For every Dane – not just football fans – 1992 is immediately associated with one of the country's finest hours. Richard Møller wrote that Nielsen's Danish team surprised everyone – maybe even themselves – by lifting the EURO trophy in Sweden'. Copenhagen city center images, songs, John 'Faxe' Jensen and Kim Vilfort's goals, savers from Peter Schmeichel' There are memories that are so precious to last a lifetime.
Christian Eriksen (103 caps, 36 goals)
Danimarka'nın yaratıcı odak noktası. Eriksen, EURO gelene kadar sadece 29 yaşında olacak, ancak şimdiden bir asırdan fazla şapkaya ve çok sayıda uluslararası deneyime sahip. Kulüp seviyesinde herhangi bir oynama süresi sıkıntısı yaşanmasa da Kasper Hjulmand'ın planları için hayati önemde kalacak.
Kasper Schmeichel (60 covers)
Danimarka'nın uzun süredir kalecisi, babasının hatırı sayılır mirasını devralacak kadar geniş omuzlara sahip olduğunu gösterdi. O komuta sahibi bir figür ve Danimarkalıların görevler arasında her zaman yenilmesinin zor olmasını sağlayan birinci sınıf bir kaleci.
Unforgettable EURO goals
• When Jensen patted the ball past Germany's Bodo Illgner in the 1992 final, he undoubtedly scored the most iconic goal in the country's history.
• In 1984/#39, Denmark beat Belgium ' 3-2 and advanced to the semi-finals. The Danes were down 2-0 but struggled to record a memorable win; Preben Elkjær's attitude towards Jean-Marie Pfaff was the crowning moment.
• How memorable can a punishment be? Just ask Kim Christofte'. He transformed the decisive point kick in the shootout against the Dutch owners in the 1992 semi-finals, one of the most important goals ever scored by the Danish senior team.
• The images of Danish forward Flemming Povlsen, who burst into tears while lifting the trophy in Gothenburg, is a beautiful moment that remains in the minds of millions of Danes.
• Henrik Andersen was at the peak of his strength when he went to EURO '92', only to stop him on track and ultimately end his career due to a horrific knee injury he sustained against Netherlands'. The reaction of the players on the field told the audience that this was no ordinary injury – it was a terrible moment.
• Spain has proven over the years to be Denmark's bogey team. It all started in June 1984 with one of its brightest stars, Preben Elkjær, breaking the bar on a penalty shootout in La Roja''s semi-final win.
Latest tournament appearances
13 : Peter Schmeichel
10 Michael Laudrup, John Sivebaek
9 : Thomas Helveg
Most final tournament goals
3 : Jon Dahl Tomasson, Brian Laudrup, Henrik Larsen, Frank Arnesen
Katil statüsü: Vilfort'un 1992 finalinde Almanya'ya karşı hedefi, EURO tarihindeki 200. sıraydı.
Do you know?
• Danimarka, tek bir maçta bir takım için çoğu bireysel golcünün EURO rekorunu müştereken elinde tutmaktadır. Frank Arnesen (2), Klaus Berggreen, Preben Elkjær ve John Lauridsen, 1984 grup aşamasında 5-0 galibiyetinde Yugoslavya'ya karşı vurdular.
• Denmark is the only country to lose all three group matches in two separate final tournaments (1988 and 2000).
• EURO '92 was the first grand final tournament where players carried the numbers one through twenty as well as their names on their jerseys.